Monday, March 5, 2007

Acrylic Longies and Capris

I recently met a friend, E, whose family is allergic to wool, but really wanted someone to knit her new daughter longies. I volunteered to knit for her for the cost of the yarn and supplies. It was a great practice opportunity for me to practice knitting and refine my pattern. E ended up picking out Paton's Canadiana yarn in two different varigated colors. She wanted ruffled cuffs, so I knitted to the inseam length and did one row of increase each stitch, one row of knit, and one of increase every other stitch. Here is the pic of the finished pair.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




E introduced me to one of her friends, L, who needed a doula for her upcoming birth. I am also a volunteer doula while I am finishing my certification through DONA, so I began working with L. She mentioned in passing during one of our meetings that she wanted a pair of acrylic longies for her new son. I decided to surprise her with a set for her son. Here is a pic.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Here is the last pair of Capris for E's daughter. They turned out really cute!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: