Monday, February 26, 2007

My first Felted Bag in Yummy Purewool

I purchased 5 skeins of Purewool from a coop on DiaperSwappers. The yarn is soooo soft and the colors are beautiful. It is single ply, so I have learned that I do not want to use it for longies for anyone who is mobile to avoid major pilling. I tried to figure out what to do with my one skein of Blauer Reiter which is a beautiful darker crayon box colorway. I decided to do the Sophie bag from Magknits. Here are the before felting and after felting pics.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




I really love how it turned out. The Purewool felted alot, so the bag is smaller than intended, but it is still very cute. I am planning on making a larger felted bag to hold my knitting out of my next order of Purewool.

No comments: