Saturday, March 17, 2007

Scarves in progress

I have two scarves in progess for Christmas gifts. I know I am planning ahead, but if I do not do them now, they will probably not get done. :)

The first is the Mini Clapotis. This is a variation of the Clapotis wrap from Knitty. The scarf version pattern is from kpixie.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The first pic is a closer up view of the stitch pattern and the second pic is of the length I have completed. It has been really fun to knit, and I love dropping the stitches. I am using Knitpicks Andean Silk in Chocolate, which is really soft and drapey, but is a little boring in the solid color.

The second scarf is My So Called Scarf from Sheep in the City. It is a really pretty pattern that creates a really dense/warm scarf. I am using 100purewool in Southern Extravaganza.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



It is going to take me a long time to finish, but it is pretty mindless knitting now that I have memorized the pattern. I love the yarn, so I keep picking up this project and knitting a few rows whenever I can. :)

No comments: